Meeting materials



Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Meeting materials

Equivalent terms

Meeting materials

Associated terms

Meeting materials

3 Archival description results for Meeting materials

3 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Faculty Women's Club, 1914-2002.

  • UWRF Series 89
  • collection
  • 1914-2002

The Faculty Women’s Club was formed in about 1914, as a social organization for women connected with the River Falls State Normal School. It was originally called “The Faculty Women’s League,” but changed its name in November of 1940 to its present title, “The Faculty Women’s Club.” The philosophy of the organization always underscored sociability over money-making. Nevertheless, the group has continually supported a variety of charitable and civic causes. For example, the club awarded annual scholarships donated milk and clothing to the needy, and contributed to such organizations as the American Red Cross, the Girl Scouts, the Salvation Army, the American Legion, and the March of Dimes. In terms of social activities, the club became involved in a wide range of events and projects, including plays, musicals, teas, dinners, and writing cookbooks.

This collection contains minutes of meetings, early and revised constitutions, rosters of members, correspondence, programs, and other materials relating to the Faculty Women’s Club.

Greek Life records, 1951-2011.

  • UWRF Series 203
  • collection
  • 1951-2011.

This collection is comprised of records relating to Greek societies on the River Falls campus. This collection mostly contains records of Fraternities and Sororities, at local and national levels. Also included are some academic and honor societies. Most of the Greek organizations were focused on civic involvement, leadership, and life-long friendships, others also focused on specific subject areas such as Agriculture. The records in this series include but are not limited to, constitutions and by-laws, meeting minutes, events and activities, member lists, and correspondence.

The "R" Club Records, 1937-1951.

  • UWRF Series 193
  • collection
  • 1937-1951.

Founded in 1918, originally named the “N” Club for “Normal”, was later renamed The “R” Club in 1923. Its mission was to promote the best interest of the school and to develop a spirit of cooperation and goodwill between the faculty, students, and the “R” Club (1937 constitution). In 1975, women were integrated into the “R” Club. Today The “R” Club is active in fundraising efforts for the UWRF Athletics program.
This collection contains 3 volumes of ledgers that contain the club information, including but not limited to, advisors, officers, member list, dues and fees, meeting minutes, oath, constitution, and by-laws. This collection also contains a brief compiled history of the “R” Club and lists of female award winners.

Athletics Department