Name and location of repository
Level of description
The "R" Club Records, 1937-1951.
- 1937-1951. (Creation)
1 archives box (0.25 cubic feet)
Name of creator
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
Founded in 1918, originally named the “N” Club for “Normal”, was later renamed The “R” Club in 1923. Its mission was to promote the best interest of the school and to develop a spirit of cooperation and goodwill between the faculty, students, and the “R” Club (1937 constitution). In 1975, women were integrated into the “R” Club. Today The “R” Club is active in fundraising efforts for the UWRF Athletics program.
This collection contains 3 volumes of ledgers that contain the club information, including but not limited to, advisors, officers, member list, dues and fees, meeting minutes, oath, constitution, and by-laws. This collection also contains a brief compiled history of the “R” Club and lists of female award winners.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
COLLECTION STORED, ALL or IN-PART, AT ARC: Collection can be requested for transfer through the Area Research Center (ARC) Network, consult Reading Room Staff.
Conditions governing reproduction
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. Copyright transferred to the University of Wisconsin-River Falls