College of Agriculture subject files, 1916-1980

Identity elements

Reference code

UWRF Series 57

Name and location of repository

Level of description



College of Agriculture subject files, 1916-1980


  • 1916-1980. (Creation)


1.5 cubic feet (3 archives boxes)

Name of creator

Name of creator

Biographical history

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

The College of Agriculture was established at River Falls as a two-year program in 1912. Since then it has expanded to a five-year program with majors offered by five departments: Agricultural Education; Agricultural Economics; Agricultural Engineering; Animal and Food Science; and Plant and Earth Science. This is an artificial series based mainly around the correspondence of Prof. J.M. May, Director of the Department of Agriculture, 1913-1959. Also included is a 1964 report entitled The School of Agriculture: Its last Ten Years and materials related to Farm Progress Days and the AgriBusiness Tour. The collection also includes photographs.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

COLLECTION STORED, ALL or IN-PART, AT ARC: Collection can be requested for transfer through the Area Research Center (ARC) Network, consult Reading Room Staff.

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places

Physical storage

  • Shelf: Archival storage, room 172