- UWRF 2016.027
10 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
Phi Kappa Phi is a national honorary society whose mission is to recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others. The Society also recognizes outstanding achievements by students, faculty, and others through various awards and through invitations to membership.
The records in this collection includes the petition to the chancellor in 1987, by-laws and member directory, a secretary manual (1987-1991), recognition of the 25th anniversary, and photographs from awards ceremonies in the 1980s.
Phi Kappa Phi
The Alpha Gamma Sigma Sorority existed on the UW-RF campus from 1979 to 1989, and later it then became Lambda Delta Phi. The collection consists of activity files, constitutions and bylaws, correspondence, minutes, a pledge book, rush information, photographs, and scrapbooks that detail different activities of the sorority.
The Council of Presidents is an informal organization of the current Presidents of the old Wisconsin State Universities which although without formal policy-making powers, act as a group to influence the Board of Regents to adopt policies considered most appropriate for the welfare of the universities. In a sense, the organization has been in existence as long as the Normal School system, as communications between Presidents to effect agreements and strategy in order to influence the Board of Regents have been in existence as long as there have been presidents; the Council is still in existence today. An increased budget and building allocations, curriculum expansion, and salary increases have been among the Council’s goals over the years.
Office of the President
The Women’s Recreation Association (WRA) mission was to provide “women students with the opportunity to participate in healthful recreational activities and to promote good sportsmanship and fellowship. In WRA, a woman has an opportunity for service and leadership through diverse activities.” There were numerous team and individual sports that participate in tournaments. To compete, various teams were organized and entered by sororities, residence halls, or other independent groups. Sports included; volleyball, field hockey, basketball, bowling, swimming, gymnastics, badminton, track and field, and tennis. Female faculty advisors, including Emogene Nelson, serving as advisors, instructed the WRA activities. (Information compiled from WRA brochure.)
Women's Recreation Association
Founded in 1918, originally named the “N” Club for “Normal”, was later renamed The “R” Club in 1923. Its mission was to promote the best interest of the school and to develop a spirit of cooperation and goodwill between the faculty, students, and the “R” Club (1937 constitution). In 1975, women were integrated into the “R” Club. Today The “R” Club is active in fundraising efforts for the UWRF Athletics program.
This collection contains 3 volumes of ledgers that contain the club information, including but not limited to, advisors, officers, member list, dues and fees, meeting minutes, oath, constitution, and by-laws. This collection also contains a brief compiled history of the “R” Club and lists of female award winners.
This collection is comprised of records relating to Greek societies on the River Falls campus. This collection mostly contains records of Fraternities and Sororities, at local and national levels. Also included are some academic and honor societies. Most of the Greek organizations were focused on civic involvement, leadership, and life-long friendships, others also focused on specific subject areas such as Agriculture. The records in this series include but are not limited to, constitutions and by-laws, meeting minutes, events and activities, member lists, and correspondence.
This collection includes the planning and promotional materials for celebrating the 50th anniversary of the River Falls Normal School.
River Falls State Normal School
The River Falls Normal School was designated a training site for the Student Army Training Corps in September 1918. The Corps was a government training mechanism for training students for the Army prior to officers' training schools or technical schools.
This collection consists mainly of form letters from the War Department concerning S.A.T.C. programs, contracts, and policies. Also includes vouchers, student record cards from Fort Sheridan, IL, and R.F.S.N.S. Homecoming and Memorial Day program with S.A.T.C. roster, June 1919, and photographs.
Music Department subject files comprised of newsletters and programs; a historical file containing student handbooks, scattered newspaper clippings, certificates, and sheet music; papers involving the revision of "River Falls Rouser," originally composed by Neil Reed; correspondence regarding band uniforms; documents, photographs, sheet music and miscellaneous materials of Bohuslav J. Rozehnal; papers relating to the organization of the University's first band festival, "Cascade of Melody," held in the fall of 1969; class assignments for Nicholas Jadinak; and information about the band and choral programs, recitals, and clinics.
University of Wisconsin--River Falls. College of Arts and Sciences. (1914)